It is currently Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:31 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to ramarena

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: Tough run
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:04 pm 
Kevin Hector
Kevin Hector

HiltonRam1 wrote:
The problems are down to the manager keep picking players who just arent doing it....change the players the system anything, but to just keep playing the same way with players so woefully out of form is just plain stupid

Leave out Russell and who can he put in the side that is guaranteed to perform better on the flank? Weimann, Camara and Vydra have all had their chance to impress but done nothing to justify their inclusion. I'm not aware of any young players to fill that position so it seems to me that Russell is just the best of a bad lot. My problem isn't with his starting eleven a its what we do to change things in terms of tactics when teams set themselves up to counter us, for example ten men behind the ball and two men on Ince. We didn't have the answer two years ago and he doesn't appear to have found it since, we haven't even got an aerial threat to throw on and all we do is swap like for like.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:32 pm 
Kevin Hector
Kevin Hector

20 mins here 20 mins there aint no good Chad, whilst Russell gets match after match, some of his performancs have been shocking and dont give me that he works his socks off......cos he dont....... all he does is chase after a ball that is going out of play, or he'll make out he's working hard, but like Butterfield....he never ever gets close enough to the players to do anything.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:37 pm 
Mel Sage
Mel Sage

Sportacus wrote:
Leeds (a)
Reading (h)
Burton (h)
Ipswich (a)
Newcastle (a)

If we win the home games and pick a win away from home i'd be happy.

9 points from 5 games (almost 2 a game) will keep us in touch of the playoffs.

Ipswich and leeds are beatable, if we want promotion these are the games you prove why you are better than the rest.

After that run we have a good run of lower and struggling teams mainly, a really good chance to put another run of wins together.

Always going to be a tough run but we did about the minimum was expected of us, won our home game and won an away. Shame the Burton game got moved as I really feel we'd of got 3 wins in a row and would be much closer to the playoffs.

17 games left, 34 points and we comfortably nab a playoff spot.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:47 pm 
Kevin Hector
Kevin Hector

Our recent league form is 7 points out of a possible 18 so we need to get the train back on the rails as quickly as possible before the top six becomes a pipe dream.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:43 pm 
Robbie Savage
Robbie Savage

That would be some turnaround, almost like a lottery win!! If it's owt like my lottery numbers then no chance. Lose tonight and Mac might as well start bringing in some fringe players, find out who's good enough, dump the has beens, the never have beens, the never will be's, the shysters (and any other failures that I've missed) and then begin a complete rebuild! Obviously it won't happen (Mel's probably skint now anyway!!) but one can dream!!

Report this post